04 May 2009

Fantasy Shopping for the Magazine Antiques


When The Magazine Antiques' web editor Carolyn Kelly asked me to select my favorite things at Chicago's Merchandise Mart International Antiques Fair this weekend, my first thought was "how fun!" But when it came down to it, I realized I needed a strategy: do I choose an object because it is "important" and "best example of its kind" or because it appeals to me personally.

In the end, I decided to pursue an altogether different path, which I hope you'll find more interesting: objects which are beautiful as well as intriguing - whether in design, materials, or history.

Click here to view the slide show and let me know what you think - what you REALLY think.

6 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

I can't help myself, the Audubon is calling my name. I truly admire the amount of detail and LOVE the scale.

home before dark said...

I like the lamp and its ability to reflect, refract as well as shed light.

Janet said...

What a great selection. Diverse and interesting. I particularly love the Verdure cartoon ~ the colors are stunning.

Rose C'est La Vie said...

I'll go for the sculpture. How do you get such plumpness out of such a hard material???

Anonymous said...

I adore opaline glass - recalling the softness the D'Orleanist Court. KDM

Style Court said...

All spot on. The Audubon is out of this world.